Client Development Advisor
Reports to: Head of Private Wealth Management
Our client is a highly regarded, employee-owned, Chicago-based investment firm offering investment banking, asset management, equity research, institutional and private brokerage, as well as, private capital to individual and institutional clients. Since 1935, the firm has been committed to helping clients achieve their financial objectives.
This role will report to the Head of Private Wealth Management and will initiate new relationships with ultra high net worth clients on behalf of the firm. This professional will be responsible for sourcing and developing prospects and managing their conversion into clients in order to drive revenue and increase the assets of the firm. Specific responsibilities include:
- Approximately 60% of the time this role will focus on identifying prospective clients, preparing presentations, following up on client contacts, and closing the sale of investment services to high net worth individual investors. This individual will also work with Portfolio Managers and Financial Planners to assess existing books for opportunities. Additionally, this role will be responsible for initiating and maintaining relationships with centers of influence.
- Approximately 15% of the time the Client Development Advisor will work in conjunction with Portfolio Managers and Client Service personnel to maintain existing client relationships when appropriate for future client development or relationship continuity.
- Approximately 10% of the time the Client Development Advisor will assist in the development and launch of new products and marketing initiatives.
- Approximately 10% of the time this role will be spent on maintaining in depth and up-to-date knowledge of all applicable investment products.
- Approximately 5% of the time of this role will be spent maintaining an up-to-date record of meeting notes and calling activity.
This individual must be capable of networking and developing relationships (without a strong internal referral system) with attorneys, accountants, investment bankers, trust and estate executives, insurance professionals, or others who can introduce him/her to potential clients. This person must be able to demonstrate a history of being viewed as a trusted advisor with a consultative/solutions oriented approach to selling, as well as, someone who has a strong network in the Chicago market. Candidates should also possess the following:
- Superior sales and presentation skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of investment products and how to position them for maximum effectiveness with different audiences.
- High degree of energy, motivation, and the ability to set own priorities.
- Sustained superior sales production record.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others to accomplish objectives.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a financial planner or investment related experience.
- MBA, JD, CFA, CPA or CFP preferred.
- Series 7 & 63 license required.
- Results Driven
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for Quality
- Excellent Communication Skills
Please submit your resume to Martin Partners: