Director, Advanced Analytics
Reports to: VP, Market Research Business Analytics
Location: Cambridge, MA
The company is an entrepreneurial pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA.
We are seeking a seasoned executive and Advanced Analytics visionary who will drive Ironwood’s brand management initiatives and process to the highest level possible. This individual must be a creative, hands-on executive with proven leadership skills. The successful candidate will evolve, and lead the continued implementation of innovative, science-based marketing and communication strategies. The individual will oversee all strategic and tactical analysis of the brand and related marketing programs. This individual has proven ability to be a critical thinker with full knowledge of both strategy and tactics to be able to consult with clients and tell the story, at all levels. Provides commercial insights into lifecycle management and early stage New Product Planning decisions, as well as drives target product profile. This position reports to VP, Market Research Business Analytics.
- Establish and evolve innovative models for enhancing executive decision making by Consulting designing, developing and executing custom advanced analytics deriving insights and recommendations in support of portfolio optimization, brand performance and promotion evaluation.
- Applies principles of advanced analytical, statistical and innovative techniques to analyze business issues for all HCP and Consumer business questions
- Translates unstructured business problems into analytical framework. Applies framework to uncover insights and actionable recommendations.
- Leads development of data assets that support advanced analytics
- Applies evidenced based thinking and teaches past learnings to influence decision making
- Designs advanced analytics strategy, derive and communicate insights that inform key decisions and help optimize the business.
- Must have 6-10 years with strong Advanced Analytics background and Insights; demonstrated expertise in critical thinking
- Pharma background required and Broad Scope of industry experience including, Packaged goods, Electronics, Health care preferred
- Experience managing multiple brands and/or franchises;
- Proven management experience with responsibilities including experience with budgeting process, strategic and tactical planning, and project management;
- Successful co-promote or co-marketing commercial relationships
- Demonstrated experience influencing/leading teams in a cross-functional matrixed environment through strong collaboration skills;
- Vendor Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in addition to excellent interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Proven statistical and Mathematical analytical experience. Ability to utilize multiple software systems such as SPSS or SASS as a vehicle to manipulate data to evaluate ROI and commercial effectiveness. Experience applying data sources such as: IMS, WK, claims data and various pharma sets.
- B.A./B.S. degree required; advance degree preferred.
- Consumer/HCP experience –be much more specific about ongoing project requirements — portfolio optimization/maximizing — budget optimization
Please submit your resume to Martin Partners: