Head of North America
Reports to: Commercial Director
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for driving business within the North America region: maximizing sales, minimizing costs, maintaining brand image and ensuring in-store service standards consistently meet or exceed customer expectations both in retail and wholesale doors.
You will oversee both the retail and wholesale businesses in North America and will need to balance the requirements of both. The role requires someone who is an ambitious self-starter who likes working in an environment where taking initiative is not only valued but is expected, and has the ability to seek, suggest and implement growth opportunities within the agreed strategy. The overall objective is to reach $20mm of sales in North America by 2020.
North America Market:
- Drive sales through all channels (retail, wholesale and online).
- Drive profitability by improving efficiency and keeping overheads low.
- Identify and project manage location moves/expansions within Department Stores, and new store openings (including launch of first retail store in New York in 2016).
- Develop and deliver a wholesale accounts strategy in line with agreed sales vision and evolving strategic objectives (including setting up accounts with high-end retailers).
Marketing and PR:
- Ensure brand identity and customer focused strategy is maintained by overseeing the execution of global brand/marketing/PR campaigns and initiatives in the region.
North America Operations:
- Plan, launch and manage satellite operations in region, including, as and when required: a Customer Care Team; repairs options and facilities, and web deliveries and returns.
Key Relationship Management:
- Operate as a key frontline representative and escalation point for the brand in the region both internally and externally.
- Be the brand ambassador of the company in the region upholding established guidelines and values.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key accounts in the region.
Planning, Reporting & Budget:
- Ensure activities in the region are within budget and costs are controlled.
- Analyze and review the financial performance of the retail and wholesale businesses in the region.
- Analyze and review events, programs and promotions in the region and provide insightful and costed recommendations to stakeholders for future activity.
- Produce insight reports for Senior Management review, documenting learnings.
- Continually monitor competitor strategy and activities.
Management and Coaching:
- Communicate effectively to all of the team and ensure communication flows quickly and accurately through the team and across the business.
- Provide continual coaching and development to your direct reports, to enable them to grow and improve.
- Challenge the status quo and continually push for action and quick issue resolution.
- Constantly think and plan for your team’s expansion. Ensure the team is resourced correctly to allow the demands of the growing business.
- Retail department store channel experience required.
- Previously built and managed a highly performing team.
- Extensive and reliable commercial and retail knowledge.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- A strong customer focus.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- A natural tendency to be well organized and able to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Sound judgement and great common sense.
- A passion for retail and customer service.
- Close attention to detail.
Please submit your resume to Martin Partners: