Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
A boutique middle market investment bank headquartered in Chicago, specializing in M&A advisory, private placements, valuation, and strategic consulting.
Above all, this MD must be a rainmaker. He/she will have a strong business development track record and be capable of generating fees in any market condition. This is an opportunity to grow an already established business and to build a team internally at this firm. Responsibilities include:
- Drive the strategic direction of a specific industry platform, build a business plan and execute it, build a brand.
- Lead, structure, and underwrite high quality transactions: M&A and capital raises.
- Leverage existing firm relationships.
- Have a well established network in the marketplace.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of a broad range of investment banking products.
- Manage the transaction and execution process for clients, superb execution leadership.
- Provide leadership and guidance to other investment banking team members.
- Support and augment the originating capability of the other investment bankers.
- Manage Analysts, Associates, VPs and Directors.
This person must be an experienced, highly motivated and talented Managing Director. This professional will have strong marketing skills and a broad network within a specific industry and the general business community as a whole, as his/her primary responsibility will be new business development, including lead generation, relationship management and initiation of investment banking engagements and oversight and management of transactions through close. Supported by an experienced investment banking professional, the managing director will be able to leverage his/her experience, network and industry specialties (e.g. industrial including manufacturing, food, business services, technology, energy, healthcare etc.) to generate high quality middle market transactions for the firm. This position represents a significant career and economic opportunity for the right individual. Personal traits should include:
- A desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Comfortable selling hard every day, naturally builds relationships.
- Able to bring value to any potential deal, creative.
- Strong communication skills, presence, style, and impact.
- Driven to win, ambitious, self-motivated, confident.
- Mature with good judgment, polish, and poise.
- Ethical with high standards of integrity.
- Relates well to different types of people; likeable, charismatic, team player.
- Able to function in an intellectual and demanding environment.
- Willing to roll up the sleeves, be hands-on.
- Adheres to the teamwork culture and core values of the firm.
Please submit your resume to Martin Partners: