Reports to: CEO
Located in the Midwest, this privately-held company is a leader in Consumer Home Healthcare.
Reporting to the CEO, the President will be responsible for growth and P&L performance. In conjunction with the CEO, the President will take risk and grow the business. The key to success will be moving the business along a growth track at a level of profitability in–line with financial requirements. All functional leaders will report to the President. Specific responsibilities include:
- Articulate an ecommerce growth strategy across all brands that fits with the overall company strategy. Oversee a digital strategy deploying social media, direct marketing fundamentals and data analytics to grow the business.
- Execute the ecommerce strategy to build brands through marketing research, consumer insights, and all aspects of catalog and internet marketing. Move the company to a higher level of database marketing analytics. Create a social media strategy to grow the customer files for each brand. Explore the creation of a membership services business.
- Execute the Digital/Social Media strategy for smart phones and tablets, keeping the company on the leading edge of online consumer behavior trends. Exploit opportunities with Apps and other content and shopping tools. Maximize return on internet marketing dollars through channel management, PPC, SEO, and direct traffic. Grow the ecommerce business and Digital Platform through Amazon.
- Execute a strategy that builds on the high margin existing business, while selecting the right new merchandise and creative elements to fuel growth. Build the company on an ecommerce merchandising and marketing platform to compliment the bricks and mortar business.
- Manage to bottom line P&L results, protecting the financial performance of the company. Prepare monthly management and financial reports and present to the CEO. Ensure financial stability, meet bank covenants and deliver attractive shareholder returns. Develop and maintain key business performance metrics to effectively manage the business.
- Ensure a high performing company. Break down any functional silos and integrate all functional areas. Support one culture across the company.
- Lead an effective operations strategy to support the company’s growth targets. Continue to achieve operational efficiencies through supply chain improvements and effective sourcing.
- Work closely with the CEO as strategic partner to execute on the growth plans. Collaborate with and communicate with any strategic partners, and leverage their resources as appropriate.
- Effectively assess, develop, recruit and lead the senior management team to ensure the “horsepower” is in place to achieve the anticipated growth of the business.
- Lead overseas expansion; current sales and distribution occur in more than 100 countries accounting for 15% of total revenue.
Candidates must have previous GM experience building a consumer ecommerce business that sells through brick and mortar as well as online. The company is seeking a great leader and team builder who can develop talent, improve ebitda, and execute an effective growth strategy to create a leading edge direct-to-consumer environment. Ideal candidates were trained in a classic CPG environment and then moved into a stand-alone sports product or consumer company that sells through food, drug, mass market and sporting goods retail channels. Previous experience should include:
- Outstanding P&L management and performance, high comfort with all financial statements and balance sheet. Adept at fiscal responsibility and accountability with a focus on providing an outstanding return on capital.
- Came up through the Marketing function and then achieved GM responsibilities.
- Experience growing a consumer business through mass market, food, and drug (e.g. Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, Kroger).
- Ideally has experience with sporting goods retailers as well as the Team market (e.g. Dick’s, NFL, NBA, NCAA, High Schools).
- Growing a consumer business, employing an ecommerce growth strategy with strong direct marketing fundamentals and sophisticated data analytics.
- Social media (e.g. Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) skills and smart phone mobile apps expertise as a main thrust of online business growth.
- Experience growing a business through Amazon.
- Global experience expanding into foreign countries.
- Quantitative understanding of “spend” metrics in traditional and online merchandising, advertising, promotion, PR, trade, etc.
- A historical track record of consumer innovation through catalog and online marketing.
- Experience interpreting consumer behavior, resulting in decisions that increase sales and profitability. Experience or exposure to marketing research, consumer behavior, and online consumer marketing groups.
- ’Hands-on’ merchandising and circulation experience in a catalog business.
- Experience building a strong team and performance culture.
- Operational excellence, strong supply chain leadership. Has sourced product overseas and has import strategy experience.
- Experience or exposure to consumer call center operations, customer service, and membership or other value-added upsell offers.
- Experience leading a company with SAP in place.
- The ability to roll-up-the-sleeves in a high growth environment is critical. Integrity is very important.
- Experience in a family run business is ideal.
Please submit your resume to Martin Partners: