Backed by a well-known PE firm and headquartered in the midwest, this company is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality security and hurricane solutions for exterior and interior retail, commercial, and residential applications.
Reporting to the CEO and Board of Directors, the President will work with the CEO to develop the Sales & Marketing team, drive the Company’s revenue and profitability goals, help set a strategic vision for the Company, and manage the Company’s operations. The successful candidate will have come up through the sales side of his/her employer prior to having general management experience. Responsibilities include:
- Create a new strategic plan with the CEO and implement appropriate processes and approaches to achieve that plan.
- Increase Revenue, Reduce Costs, and Increase Cash throughout the organization.
- Establish the annual budget with the Executive Team.
- Implement key performance metrics across all department and operations of the business.
- Present and report to the Board of Directors at the quarterly meetings.
- Create close relationships with key accounts and master current distribution channels
- Work with the current VP’s of sales to establish a strategy to recruit a new VP of sales.
- Develop and execute a Sales Strategic Plan with the sales and marketing team.
- Establish profit expectations and performance by product, market, salesperson, and by customer.
- Deepen customer relationships in existing markets by identifying new products and services that can be provided to the existing customer base.
- Add new products that utilize existing capabilities, channels of supply, and channels of distribution.
- Elevate the drive, passion and performance while emphasizing continuous improvement.
- Oversee all operations of the business.
- Maintain the highest quality of product, service and delivery and the lowest possible cost.
- Establish working capital budgets and expenses.
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers and establish relationships with new suppliers.
- Continually identify areas for cost reduction and continuous profit improvement.
- Leverage technology to reduce operational costs and improve the customer and employee experience.
- Maintain and improve the existing corporate culture.
- Spend time in all aspects of the organization so that there is a relationship, understanding and empathy between you and all of the valuable employees.
- Provide the best possible experience for the employees.
The new President will lead by influence and be a quick learner. He/she will have a proven track record of calculated risk taking and strong business judgement. The President will work effectively with the employees, Board of Directors, investor group, lenders, customers, suppliers, and other constituents. Requirements include:
- Experience in a market-leading niche manufacturer/light assembly operation, with deep sales leadership experience. Prior experience in a middle market growth company that succeeded against its competition by being nimble, resourceful, creative, and delivering maximum output for its size is important.
- Experience selling to the HQ level at pharmacy and electronic retail national chains is ideal.
- Experience in a B2B business with direct sales as well as sales through a distributor network.
- Skilled at hiring, developing, and managing senior leadership, especially in sales and marketing.
- Has implemented performance metrics across a sales organization to dramatically improve systems, processes, controls, and results.
- Strategic thinker who anticipates future consequences and trends, and incorporates them into the organizational plan.
- Experience introducing new products is important, both to existing customers and new customers. This person must be skilled at managing a product/market matrix.
- Track record of quickly assessing his/her companies’ situations and opportunities, crafting innovative strategies and executing on his/her plans.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a result driven, team oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills; ability to promote lines of communication among the executive team.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Willingness to dedicate a significant amount of time traveling to customers.
- Willingness to dedicate a significant amount of time working side by side with all levels of the organization to create those important relationships with your fellow employees and to understand the business from the ground up.
- Experience working for a private equity–backed, leveraged company with a successful liquidity event is highly desired.
- Has the capability and capacity to move up to the CEO position over time.
- MBA is ideal.
Please submit your resume to Martin Partners: