Specialty Sales Representative
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Location: in NJ territories, 1 in Manhattan East, and 1 in Kansas City
The company is an entrepreneurial pharmaceutical company located on the East Coast.
We are seeking experienced sales professionals with the highest integrity, outstanding history of performance, who have a passion to educate, a desire to establish valued customer relationships, and an ability to collaborate with our partner to improve care for patients. The successful candidate will help shape an entrepreneurial sales culture to support the newly formed sales organization. This individual will collaboratively work with a co-promotion partner and the commercial leadership team to prepare to launch a novel, first in category product with blockbuster potential. This position will report to a Regional Sales Manager. There are multiple locations: 4 in New Jersey territories, 1 in Manhattan East, and 1 in Kansas City.
- Implement regional and national strategies, customers include Gastroenterologists, select primary care physicians and key medical personnel;
- Market share and volume growth, peer leadership, KOL mapping and peer to peer event planning, training, resource allocation and efficient and effective key account management;
- Strong analytical skills are required to effectively use personal and promotional resources in order to maximize sales and market share;
- Responsible for creating and implementing territory business plan to address product promotion priorities and valid customer requirements;
- Represent a science advancing “patient first” approach to business activities and demonstrate outstanding partnership skills and selling skills with our Ironwood customers;
- Serve as a peer leader and resource to the entire Ironwood and Forest team;
- Travel over a broad geography (approximately 10-50% travel).
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of pharmaceutical sales experience (specialty sales preferred);
- Demonstrated record of success in ability to consistently meet and exceed objectives, communicate and implement tactical product strategies with a sophisticated audience, and to think strategically while providing creative and innovative solutions to market problems;
- Personal integrity;
- Written and oral communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and work with a co-promote partner to make decisions;
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Please submit your resume to Martin Partners: